Yoco Online Payments is a way to accept online credit card payments through the Yoco system. Yoco has historically specialised in card-present processing but has opened up its payment switch to facilitate credit card payments online.
This means that if you are a Yoco customer, you are able to enable the SalonBridge/Yoco Online Payments integration and allow your customer to pay for online bookings, invoices, gift vouchers, and online retail via your Yoco account.
The high-level process is as follows:
- The customer arrives on your SalonBridge Online web page.
- They choose whether to book an appointment, buy a voucher, or shop your retail products.
- Once they have made a selection, they are shown how much they need to pay and are asked securely by Yoco for their card details for payment.
- Yoco processes the payment and lets SalonBridge know whether it was successful or not.
- SalonBridge completes the order and sends you and the customer a payment receipt and confirmation of the booking/voucher/retail order.
- This appears automatically in your SalonBridge console and appears as a 'Yoco Online' payment in your cash up report and payments report.
Currently, Yoco has linked the processing fee to your card processing fee. This means that you will pay the same for an online payment as you would for a card-present payment. This may change in the future, but you can find out more about the Yoco Online Payments pricing here.
How to Enable Yoco Online Payments:
From your SalonBridge console, click on 'My Business' and then on 'Integrations':
Scroll down to 'Online Credit Card Processing' and click on 'Activate' in the Yoco Online Payments block.
Enter your Yoco secret and public keys and click on 'Activate'. This can be found in your Yoco Business Portal under 'Business Settings' and then by clicking on 'Payment Gateway'. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get these details.
Once this is done, you can start accepting online payments through SalonBridge and Yoco Online Payments. You can fine tune the online payment options in your 'Online Bookings' section of SalonBridge.