PayFast is a South African payment gateway that allows your clients to pay you with their credit card, online debit card, or instant EFT.
The high-level process is as follows:
- The customer arrives on your SalonBridge Online web page.
- They choose whether to book an appointment, buy a voucher, or shop your retail products.
- Once they have made a selection, they are shown how much they need to pay and are asked securely by PayFast for their card details for payment.
- The client is directed to your PayFast secure payments page and enters their payment information.
- PayFast processes their payment and lets SalonBridge know the result.
- SalonBridge completes the order and sends you and the customer a payment receipt and confirmation of the booking/voucher/retail order.
- This appears automatically in your SalonBridge console and appears as a 'PayFast' payment in your cash up report and payments report.
PayFast does not charge you to register and only charges you for transactions and for payouts. SalonBridge has negotiated a low rate of 3.25% + R2.00 (Ex VAT) for credit card transactions with PayFast. It is free to signup and start accepting payments.
How to Enable PayFast Online Payments:
- From your SalonBridge console, click on 'My Business' and then on 'Integrations'.
- Scroll down to 'Online Credit Card Processing' and click on 'Activate' in the PayFast block.
- Enter your PayFast Merchant ID and Merchant Key and click on 'Activate'. These keys can be found in your PayFast Business Portal.
- Once this is done, you can start accepting online payments through SalonBridge and PayFast Online Payments. You can fine tune the online payment options in your 'Online Bookings' section of SalonBridge.